List your target customers and users.
* teachers who sell lesson plans.
* authors of ebooks and people who self publish
* artists or designers (for example sell access to an SVG or photophop files)
* music artists to sell .mp3s and other files direct
without paying Apple/Google/Amazon "tax"
* independent comic book authors to sell issues
* ezine creators
* wood workers who want to sell blueprints and diagrams for builds and projects
List the charectoristics of your ideal customer
* already sell on a marketplace
* already making revenue and want to increase it
* unhappy with current shop?
List your customers top three problems:
1. Need to sell digital goods online
2. High commission schedule on existing solution/marketplace
3. Lack of control and autonomy over current solution/marketplace
* limited access to data about their customers who make purchases
* inability to communicate directly with their customers
* lack of control over current marketplace solution
* hostage to their existing solution/marketplace
* marketplaces (TPT, Etsy, Amazon, Ebay, etc)
* self hosted ecommerce (Wordpress plugins, woocommerce, easy digital downloads)
* SaaS ecommerse (Shopify)
* Landing pages (Gumroad: sell digital downloads via a http links over social media)
Unique Value Proposition
Single, clear, compelling message
that turns an unaware vistor into an interested prospect.
* "Sell digital downloads in your own shop, commission free, with MakePostSell"
List your X for Y analogy (e.g. YouTube = Flickr for videos).
* MakePostSell = An online mom-and-pop shop for your digital downloads
Outline a possible solution for each problem.
Solution to: Needing to sell digital goods online -
Build the best digital shop management software
* file hosting
* file brokering
* customer data source-of-truth
* product pages
* purchasing flows
* sales funnel
* price history and analytics
* branding and themes for shop
Solution to: High commission schedule on existing solution/marketplace -
SaaS for a digital shop management.
For a very low fixed monthly cost, you get a online shop furished
with everything needed to market and sell digital products.
Your shop is immediately ready to start working for you,
even while you sleep.
Pay no commissions on sales and try risk free,
Free until your 3rd sale.
Solution to: Lack of control and autonomy over current solution/marketplace -
With MakePostSell, your customers are your customers!
You may see thier email addresses and purchase history to make
informed sales, marketing, and product decisions.
Want to plan an event with your customers? You have that ability!
Want to give a coupon to your most loyal customers, you got it.
Want to email your customers to close the sale on their
full shopping cart, be our guest, this is your shop!
List your path to customers
* Cold Emailing Teacher Sellers
* Cold Emailing self-published authors selling on Amazon
* Cold Emailing bloggers who could likely sell digital downloads
* Cold Emailing Software Engineers to help them sell their software
(binaries, updates, or even sourcecode)
* Offer free shop to people and bloggers to give away up-to 10 freebies.
They get to keep the customer contact information and history
for future sales and marketing.
* TPT Mamas Facebook Group
* Blog post at Printable Prompts
* Blog post at MakePostSell targeting Wordpress users who want to start selling digital content
* Technical blog posts at russell.ballestrini.net
* MakePostSell homepage
* Landing pages
* Google Adwords
* YouTube Tutorials (how to create an online shop, etc)
* YouTube Explainers - short 1-2 minute videos - make them funny
* YouTube Ads - short 20-30 minute advertisement videos
* Sponsor some existing YouTubers, and have them talk about MakePostSell.
List your sources of revenue.
* Subscribers of the shop management software (MakePostSell)
Later on we may try to pivot into also selling:
* Paid white glove support
* Paid training
* Paid integrations
* Paid features and/or add-ons
* Paid feature requests
List your fixed and variable costs.
* Payment processing: $.30 + 3% per transaction via Stripe
* Web Servers, each $5/mo, scales horizontally via DigitalOcean
* Database server, $20/mo, scales vertically via DigitalOcean
* Email server, $15/mo, scales out transparently via MailGun
* File storage, $5/mo, scales horizontally 250G for $5 via DigitalOcean spaces
* Development and engineering: Free (requires time)
* Support: Free (requires time)
* Marketing: $??
List the key numbers that tell you how your business is doing.
* Monthy Active Shop Owners
* Monthy Transactions
* Monthly new shops
* Monthly new products
* Monthly new shoppers
* Monthly Revenued
* Monthly Profit
Something that can't be easily copied or bought.
* We already have a fully functional minimal viable solution to build upon
* Russell offers Software Engineering and bootstrapping knowledge
* Jenn offers deep insights into what a teacher needs and social networking
* Jenn and Printable Prompts have large revenue on an existing Marketplace (TPT)
* We will document Printable Prompts as a case study when marketing and planning MakePostSell
* With Printable Prompts as our first customer we may "dog food" what our
ideal target market needs from an online shop