<removed>, Laura <<removed>@amazon.com>
Apr 9, 2018, 1:20 PM
“…fulfill the highest most truthful expression of yourself as a human being” – Oprah Winfrey
I’ve already done some research getting to know you. Not stalker-level…but enough to convince me that if Oprah’s assertion resonates with you at all, then you and I should talk…or at least know each other.
Here’s my reasoning:
1. in the information age, “the future belongs to the curious”.
2. AI, machine learning and big data analytics will continue to, exponentially increase ‘mankind’s’ ability to satisfy all curiosity. I suspect that in our lifetimes, the last frontier of quantifiable human knowledge may be approached, and when that happens we will begin looking for ways to quantify the things we’ve always believed unquantifiable.
3. When something good is inevitable, there’s no time like the present to start making strides that direction.
4. You are, or were, a Software Engineer who has a ‘good deal’ of experience. So, you’ve probably thought a bit about where tech will take us in our lifetimes.
7. You’re probably a geek (If so, you and I have this in common.)
8. You’re a curious person (a defining attribute of geeks)
9. 32 People follow you on Github.
10. You might still live in New London/Norwich, Connecticut Area.
11. You’re getting anywhere from 5-15 recruiting emails a week.
12. You’ve been at RemindHQ, @remind101 for a while.
13. You aren’t generally answering recruiter emails…you may be actively ‘hiding’ from them.
14. Our (relatively antiquated) recruiting system says the last time you reciprocated an outreach from Amazon was never, far as I can tell.
What I’ve learned of you so far has me incredibly interested in really getting to know you beyond cursory online research.
In addition, I’d like to provide a service. I’ve stopped thinking of myself as a recruiter. Recruiters are salespeople and I have zero interest in sales. I am a writer with a philosophy minor, and a logic/mathematics major. My wheelhouse is following the data that will inspire me with the conclusions that can be drawn from it. At work, I’ve succeeded despite being a horrible salesperson because I study job satisfaction and the factors that create it. Based on my research, Oprah has it right.
I’d love to provide you an honest assessment of whether working with my team (Elastic Block Storage – AWS) will be more fulfilling to you personally, than your current situation.
I am positive you have heard, ad-nosium, about the “unique” opportunities at Amazon to work at “unprecedented scale” with “cutting edge technology” yada yada. Yes, this team has that…but I can assume from 13 that this isn’t what motivates you. My team might because they share a different value system. As a result, they offer a different sort of value proposition in their teams.
I let me know if you’d like to schedule a quick introduction discussion after April 12th. Please forgive if I am slow to reply initially. The prognosis of one of our family pets is 24-48…I am taking some time to be with her and family. L
Writer, Philosopher, Mathematician
E: <removed>@amazon.com TEXT: 253.<removed>.<removed>
Note: I don’t use voicemail and rarely have an ‘agenda-free” minute to take unscheduled calls…So, unless you’re my mom, email and text are the best/only ways to reach me on the fly. J